Friday 9 May 2014

Summer Rain Of A Dad..

He sounded very feeble
Unlike the man he once was
"I heard" he said "what you wrote"
Picking on a Love Hate duel; 
An innocuous  note that 
I have penned in an obscure magazine.

"How come you feel that I hate you?"
It was more of an aside 
Than a question.

Could see a lonely trickle
Of a solitary pearl
Swelling inside the only good
Eye that he still has.

How could I tell him ,
That it was me who had hated him?
How could I break a heart
Thats already been broken?

Its raining outside,  
Summer rains; unpredictable
Like the man in the bed now

I moved closer to him
So close, could feel the tired 
Beats of trailing rhythm

Looking at me, he lay there
Like a drenched puppy,
Waiting to be held.

In an embrace,
We became one
Yet, again.

Its 
Raining inside
Now.





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful portrayal of a realization of Dad and son bond.

    Am reminded of a quote by Johann Schiller...." It's not flesh and blood, but heart that makes us fathers and sons."

    ReplyDelete