Wednesday 4 June 2014

And, As They Say, Rest Is History..

All of them
Were hiking really well
Justifying, Darwin's Theory of Evolution.

I was just huffing and puffing 
Stopping in the middle, at times on all fours too
Ignoring the rib tickling laughs 
Aimed at my way up.

It wasnt easy, coming after a ligament rapture and 
The protective cap was making it 
All the more difficult.

I leaned against a  big root
Winding all the way down in to the depths
Searching for secrets of its own existence.

"Water". it was more a suggestion 
Than a question.
I could muster a sheepish smile only 
Between the gasps for air.

She sat down, on a rock thats jetting out to me, 
Much to the collective chagrin and 
Stares and glares at my side

"Its ok, you are new to this line of 
Stretching the limits, lets make sure
You get into rhythm soon" 
And Smiled.

Sun was shining through her hair
Sparkling up the sailing strands.
Gosh, it was then, that I realized
We would go a long way TOGETHER..





2 comments:

  1. A poem with warmth of words, explicitly expressing the feelings and the message it gives, weaving a perpetual story of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you..:) Yes, she has become a perpetual half..:)

    ReplyDelete