Sunday 4 January 2015

Sooha Saaha Amma Ka..

It was 31st eve and as usual I was out of town and with some friends and colleagues. Just when the last of the twelve cuckoos gone mute, phone rang. It was mom from Trivandrum where my parents stay on their own, staying up so late to wish me Happy New Year, the first time since I have been staying away form home. Then the dont drink too much, dont smoke , dont drive like a maniac kinds later she hung up leaving me in a pall of misery at not being with them at the dusk of their time and how she made it a point to call instead of the other way round. Moving to a quite corner, from the bustle of a new year bash, heard the phone tweet again and it was Aadi my 'Sun' in whatsapp with the all time best New Year Gift I have received. It was the Youtube Link of "Sooha Saaha Amma Ka" from the movie Highway. Listening to that, the entire years have scrolled by vividly through a span of five minutes..Strange how my Red Rabbit actually made me revisit my Sooha Saaha days..


No comments:

Post a Comment